RCC Foundation Scholarships - Frequently Asked Questions
- I applied for scholarships. How much money will I get?
- Through submission of an RCC Foundation Scholarship Application, students are able to apply for all available scholarships at once; nearly 200 separate funds. Individual award amounts vary from $100 up to $5000, however students may receive multiple awards.
- I submitted my scholarship application. How will I find out if I am receiving an award?
- All applicants will receive an email from the RCC Foundation through the AwardSpring system notifying them of any awards you may have offered. Only recipients who have chosen for awards will receive an email notification. A list of awards can also be found on our website. The notification date is posted on the RCCF website on the Scholarship page. Please do not call the foundation office for results. The Foundation will not give scholarship information over the phone.
- I received a scholarship, what happens next?
- All recipients are REQUIRED to accept their scholarship(s) and submit a thank-you letter for each scholarship award by the set deadline in their notification. Students who do not meet this requirement will forfeit their scholarship award(s). This is to be completed through our online form.
- How do I get my scholarship money?
- Scholarship awards of $501 and more will be applied directly to student accounts in three equal installments (fall/winter/spring). The first installment will post to your account prior to the beginning of fall term. Awards of $500 or less will post to the fall term only. If you will be attending summer term and would a portion of your award for that term, contact the RCC Foundation at JSimons@roguecc.edu
- I received a scholarship but decided I'm going to a different college. Can I take my scholarship with me or give it to a friend?
- RCC Foundation scholarships are not transferable and cannot be used at any college or institution other than RCC. Declined awards will be returned to the original fund and may be awarded to another eligible student according to RCC Foundation policies & procedure.
- Can I use my scholarship award to purchase books?
- If you have funds left in your student account after tuition and fees have posted for the term, you may purchase books by going directly to the bookstore. The staff will be able to assist you in this process.
- I’m enrolled for classes but the scholarship money is not in my account.
- Each term students are required to meet minimum enrollment and GPA requirements as designated by your scholarship award. These requirements can be found on our Scholarship Requirements webpage. If you do not meet the requirements for any term that the scholarship is awarded, your scholarship will be canceled and removed from your account. At times, scholarship funds may be in student accounts but have not posted due to a technical error. By calling Rogue Central and asking about the status of your account, you can learn why funds have not posted and ask for a resolution. Many times it simply takes a financial aid staff member manually posting the award to your account.
- I received a scholarship, but I have special circumstances that I would like to have considered.
- (Examples: I would like to have funds available during summer term; I can’t meet the enrollment requirements for fall term; my scholarship requires 12 credits per term but my program is considered FT at 9 credits, etc.) If you are requesting any exception to the disbursement of your scholarship, you must complete the Scholarship Exception Form. Any circumstances that may affect your scholarship eligibility should be discussed with the foundation office immediately. All decisions are made by the RCC Foundation Scholarship Committee and can take up to two weeks to process.
- Steps required to finalize a scholarship award.
- If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, these steps must be followed to receive and remain eligible for your award.
- Accept your scholarship(s) with our online acceptance form found on our Scholarship Awards webpage prior to the deadline given in your award email or found online.
- Maintain the specific enrollment and GPA requirements as indicated by your award letter in order for the award to remain intact for the current and upcoming term. If you are selected for a scholarship and will not meet the minimum requirements for any term covered by the award, or if you have any questions about your requirements, contact the foundation office directly at 956-7294.
The Rogue Community College Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 1980 to serve the needs of Rogue Community College and RCC students. The Foundation was created to receive and administer donations to:
- Endowment funds
- Scholarship funds
- Special college projects
© 2017 Rogue Community College Foundation